Your privacy is important to us and we are always open with how we treat your personal data, so you can feel safe when submitting your information to us.
One of the main purposes when processing your personal data is to carry out and administer our services, and to offer our customers and partners good service with tailor-made offers.
Your privacy is important to us and we are always open with how we treat your personal data, so you can feel safe when submitting your information to us. One of the main purposes when processing your personal data is to carry out and administer our services, and to offer our customers and partners good service with tailor-made offers.
This policy describes how Swedish Lapland Visitors Board ekonomisk förening (tax registration no. 769607-5758) collects, uses and protects your personal data.
Personal data we collect
We collect various personal information about you when you visit our web pages, consult our project managers, sign up for our newsletter, participate in our project activities, our events or seminars, or when you contact us through other means.
- Contact details such as postal address, e-mail address and telephone number
- Bank account information
- Correspondence with us (for example personal data that you provide when getting in contact with us)
- Anonymous user data (for example which web pages you visit/have visited and where on the web pages you click/have clicked
Why we need your information
We use your personal data for various purposes What personal data we use depends on the context. We need to know a little about you in order to:
- Provide information, for example through our newsletters, sending information on news in the sector, our courses, seminars etc. Data processing is carried out based on our legitimate interest in being able to send direct marketing about what is included in your membership with us. If you subscribe to our newsletter as a private individual we process your personal information based on your prior consent.
- Carry out and manage your participation in courses, seminars and event Data processing is carried out based on our legitimate interest to administer and follow up courses, seminars and events, as well as to provide you with necessary information before and after your participation
- Manage support, advisory services and other roles when contacting us. Data processing is carried out based on our legitimate interest in being able to help you with any questions you might have that are related to your research and/or your business
We will never collect more information than we need to provide our services to you. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small text file with a unique stamp sent by the website to your web browser. All websites send cookies to your browser if you allow it. A website cannot read a cookie saved by another website. They are also browser-specific, so that one web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) cannot read cookies stored in another web browser (e.g. Google Chrome).
On our website portal.swedishlapland.com we use necessary cookies that:
- keep you logged in while you visit different pages on this website so that you do not have to log in for every new webpage you visit on this website.
- remember you have accepted that we send cookies to your browser so that you do not have to accept again for every new webpage you visit on this website.
- save the last message you wrote when you shared a product manual so that you do not have to write a new message every time you share a product manual with someone.
- help to keep the basket for your chosen images updated.
- to ensure the login to Google Drive and/or Dropbox. These cookies are used to make sure that the connection between the platforms is maintained, in order for you as a user to have the possibility to download images to your Drive or Dropbox.
portal.swedishlapland.com/products uses Google Analytics as a tool to get an insight into how visitors use the website by collecting statistics. The data is used to optimize the website content and features to be able to provide the best user experience possible. This is done anonymously through IP-masking, which obscures part of your IP number. This means it is not possible to identify a single individual’s user pattern since all the data we collect is anonymous. Google will not use your abbreviated IP address with any other Google data.
For cookie use on swedishlapland.com, continue reading here.
Opting out of cookies
If you do not accept the cookies this site uses you can turn off this feature in your browser’s security settings, or close the site altogether. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can choose not to store any cookies at all. Here you will find instructions for the security settings of the most common browsers. Opting out of cookies may impair site functionality and therefore the user experience.
Information used when sending newsletters or marketing will be kept until you choose to cancel the subscription. Personal data collected through our website, through cookies or Google Analytics, is only stored with us during the time you spend on the website.
Accounting requirements on projects we manage mean that we have to keep part of your information for up to 13 years. Afterwards, it will be deleted or anonymised.
The image and product bank
For users of the image or product bank with a personal login, we will save your name and e-mail address. If you choose to delete your account, that information will be deleted as well.
How we share your personal information
Your personal data may be handled by project assistants. We use some information to be able to book and manage trips, in cooperation with our procured partner (travel agency). No other third part can access your personal data as long as we are not required to share it by law. We have routines in place to ensure that your personal data is safely processed and stored according to current legislation. Contact us for more information.
If you want an insight into how your personal data is treated you have the right to access your information. If we receive a request for access we might ask for additional information to ensure we provide the information to the right person. You can also always request for your personal data to be corrected.
We will always delete your information to the extent it is required by applicable law and we will naturally always do our best to meet your deletion request. You also have the right to oppose the treatment of your data (for example when processing is based on legitimate interest) or request that the information you have provided us with be transferred to another personal data representative (so-called data porting).
You also have the right to revoke your consent at any time, e.g. the consent you as a private individual give when you subscribe to our newsletter.
Complaints and regulatory authority
If you believe that we have handled your personal information incorrectly, you have the right to complain to the Privacy Authority, the supervisory authority for personal data processing.
Personal Data Controller
Swedish Lapland Visitors Board Ekonomisk förening (tax registration no. 769607-5758) is the personal data controller for personal data you submit to us. If you have questions about how we process your personal information you are always welcome to contact us via e-mail to email@example.com
Updates to this policy
We may update this policy and updates will be published on this webpage. This policy was last updated on May 25, 2018.